Level III+ steel plate armor . (Made in the USA)
Compliant with all NIJ standards so dont pay more for lesser quality products.
- A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability – passed NIJ 0101.06 6 shot stand alone tests against 5.56 M855 M80 ball (greentip) at 2800fps and 5.56 M193 55 Grain FMJ at 2900fps. In house testing defeated 30-06 165 grain copper tip trophy.
- Listed on the Department of Justice NIJ certification website.
- Level 3+ plates are manufactured from a proprietary steel reaching Brinnell Hardness ratings in 600 – 630
- Base coat is fully encapsulated with 40 mils to protect against corrosion, chemicals and sweat
- Spall coat ( build-up) is 250 mils thick on strike face
- Laser cut
- Simply Stronger, Thinner and lighter that the competition
New proprietary steel core is far stronger than the AR500 – AR650 steel core. This core is hardened all the way through unlike the AR500 – AR650 which is only surfaced hardened. At only 0.197 inches thick nominal makes it 20% lighter than the AR500 and superior in strength.
Extra build-up spall coating is done with a Graco EXP-2 which is the top of the line high pressure heated coating system. Plate core is chemically washed and etched on the strike surface to eliminate the coating from delaminating when shot which keeps the shrapnel from escaping from the armored assembly
(photo supplied by the manufacturer and some products may appear different in person)